“The world needs changing, and we need to empower kids to change it.” David Begbie, Director of Crossroads’ Global Village
It can sometimes feel like the planet we’re bequeathing to our children is broken beyond repair, but when we see the passion and capability of kids that work with Crossroads, it fills us with hope. The next generation of changemakers is out there, and Crossroads is partnering with them in all kinds of creative ways. In 2015-16 we saw schools running fundraisers and collection drives, students doing life-changing summer internships, classes inspired by our poverty simulations and children as young as 6 coming to us with their ideas on how to make a difference.
What Can Students do at Crossroads?
- Run a fundraiser
- Organise a goods drive
- Put together disaster kits
- Do an x-periential simulation
- Book an inspiring speaker for your school
- Volunteer on a regular basis
- Join our summer student internships
- Consult on service learning for your curriculum
- OLE (Other Learning Experiences)
- Professional development days for staff
Email email@example.com to get connected!
Crossroads’ experiential programmes support schools and universities as they seek to create global citizens and raise students’ awareness of world need.