We are always in need of people to help us help others. In particular, a range of skilled volunteers are needed, with requirements and time commitments listed below.
• fluent in English and Chinese language
• a strong background and experience in working with students and youth
• be skilled and experienced in researching, gathering, analysing statistics and global trends of poverty and other global issues
• be skilled in developing new simulation programme curriculum to adapt to changing global situations, updating the facts and statistics supporting each current simulation
• be competent with handling substantial amounts of administration, including researching and writing reports, data entry, liaising with schools and corporate and civic groups to schedule programmes which meet their needs
• be able to facilitate the planning, organisation, resourcing, equipping and implementation of the various simulation activities for students and youth
• ability to develop bi-lingual curriculum around these issues for delivery to families
Minimum commitment: full time for 1 year.
Strong written, bi-lingual skills with a customer service background for our GoodCity App. Minimum commitment: 2 days onsite training followed by remote volunteering.
We are looking for volunteers who might be able to help with online tasks for our GoodCity project. Know someone who has customer service experience (eg hospitality, retail or entertainment industry experience which includes an understanding of how to interact with and “delight” customers)? They need to be bi-lingual in English and Chinese.
- Attend Crossroads for two days of ‘on the job training’. Training includes:
- reviewing offers of donated goods alongside our team
- understanding the entire process of goods handling so they can answer questions
- detailed training of GoodCity apps
- learning how we define a good customer experience
- Volunteering regularly from their mobile phone or computer. Time commitment can vary between a few hours a week (enough to handle a dozen or so donation cases) to as much time as the volunteer is willing to assist (providing top quality customer service to hundreds of donors would be a full-time job!) The main requirement is not for a certain time commitment but, rather, a commitment to ensure that each donation case the volunteer handles is carried through to a satisfactory conclusion.
Catering Assistant: Experience cooking for large numbers of people. Minimum commitment: One day a week for 6 months.
Catering Manager: Overseeing the food and beverage aspects of Crossroads’ operations, including the main canteen, food supplies and donations, liaising with our social enterprise partners regarding food packages for group bookings. Minimum commitment: Full time for 12 months.
Crossroads runs a variety of simulations to raise awareness on global issues through experiential learning. Participants include students, corporates, community groups etc. We invite you to join the Global X-perience cast to help in our simulations. If you:
- live in Hong Kong
- are confident in acting and drama
- are fluent in English or Cantonese or both
Please find our various other volunteering options here.