FAQs: Global Handicrafts
Frequently Asked Questions
CROSSROADS AND FAIR TRADE
- Fair price: Trading in ways that support sustainable answers to poverty.
- Fair share: Agreeing to appropriate profit share through dialogue and participation.
- Fair chance: Developing producers’ skill sets and access to new markets, local and global.
- Fair work: Ensuring no abuse of child labour, gender equity and safe conditions.
- Fair growth: Investing in community improvement, with producer cooperatives setting priorities.
- Fair deal: Ensuring transparency and accountability at each level of trade.
- Fair care: Applying environmentally responsible methods of production.
- Fair mind: Encouraging shoppers to buy Fair Trade.
SILK ROAD CAFE
VISITING THE MARKETPLACE AND CAFE
Hope for grassroots women: Vietnam
Huong grew up in a rural Vietnamese village where the odds were against her. Her father ...
Chocolate without slavery
It may be the last thing on our minds when taking a sweet bite of chocolate, but ...
Drop Earrings, Not Bombs
“They tried to bury us. They didn’t know we were seeds. We are growing.” ...