FAQs: Global Handicrafts
Frequently Asked Questions
CROSSROADS AND FAIR TRADE
- Fair price: Trading in ways that support sustainable answers to poverty.
- Fair share: Agreeing to appropriate profit share through dialogue and participation.
- Fair chance: Developing producers’ skill sets and access to new markets, local and global.
- Fair work: Ensuring no abuse of child labour, gender equity and safe conditions.
- Fair growth: Investing in community improvement, with producer cooperatives setting priorities.
- Fair deal: Ensuring transparency and accountability at each level of trade.
- Fair care: Applying environmentally responsible methods of production.
- Fair mind: Encouraging shoppers to buy Fair Trade.
SILK ROAD CAFE
VISITING THE MARKETPLACE AND CAFE
Freeset: The hope of something better
Many of the 10,000 sex workers who line the streets of Sonagacchi, have had a long and traumatic journey from their family...
Stories of fair trade producers through Covid-19
'Note: Click on images to watch full video' Gogo Olive. These amazing women in Zimbabwe create knitted 'shamwaris' - friendly African animals that...
Thailand: Job creation in the red light district
It’s hard not to grieve over the streets of Pattaya, Thailand, with the exploitation and other tragic stories usually written there....