FAQs: Global Handicrafts
Frequently Asked Questions
CROSSROADS AND FAIR TRADE
- Fair price: Trading in ways that support sustainable answers to poverty.
- Fair share: Agreeing to appropriate profit share through dialogue and participation.
- Fair chance: Developing producers’ skill sets and access to new markets, local and global.
- Fair work: Ensuring no abuse of child labour, gender equity and safe conditions.
- Fair growth: Investing in community improvement, with producer cooperatives setting priorities.
- Fair deal: Ensuring transparency and accountability at each level of trade.
- Fair care: Applying environmentally responsible methods of production.
- Fair mind: Encouraging shoppers to buy Fair Trade.
SILK ROAD CAFE
VISITING THE MARKETPLACE AND CAFE
Stories of fair trade producers through Covid-19
'Note: Click on images to watch full video' Gogo Olive. These amazing women in Zimbabwe create knitted 'shamwaris' - friendly African animals that...
Thailand: Job creation in the red light district
It’s hard not to grieve over the streets of Pattaya, Thailand, with the exploitation and other tragic stories usually written there....
Hope for grassroots women: Vietnam
Huong grew up in a rural Vietnamese village where the odds were against her. Her father had died when she was...