Note: For requests outside of Hong Kong, please contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
We would be delighted to provide goods for you, if at all possible.
- Any authorised group is eligible. We assist, in particular, agencies of the HKSAR and registered non-profit organisations.
- It is possible for us to give to individuals, but we do so through registered organisations. If you are not registered, therefore, please ask a registered charity that knows of your need to submit a request on your behalf. We work this way because we need to be able to tell our donors we have taken every step possible to ensure goods do not end up in wrong hands. We have therefore committed to distributing through registered organisations only.
- Yes. We have a Technology Access Program to provide high quality refurbished computers to eligible organisations and individuals. Please follow the normal application procedures for either local Hong Kong groups or international groups in order to determine your eligibility and place a request.
- If you represent a registered local charity or Hong Kong Social Welfare Department you can use our online form.
- We will reply within 5 days. If you have not heard back from us after that time, please feel free to email, fax or phone. We would be grateful, though, if we may ask you not to follow up before that time.
- As this service is very popular, we, unfortunately, have a waiting list. Our representative will be back in touch with you within 5 days of your application, however, to make a time. We will do our best to accommodate you as soon as possible.
- Yes, we work on an appointment basis as each day is scheduled to maximum capacity and we cannot manage extra people who turn up unexpectedly. We do not wish you to make a fruitless trip to our warehouse so do, please, request that you make an appointment before coming. May we also ask you to come on time? We will have other people scheduled for the day you visit and, if you are late, it may not be possible for us to care for you as those due for the next appointment may be waiting.
- Assistance: A staff member will meet you and assist you in selecting the goods outlined on your list.
Selection of larger items: Some of the goods in our inventory are already designated for other orders, so some of those you see will be unavailable. When you come, we will advise you which goods can be selected, asking you to avoid those with special labelling, etc.
- Selection of smaller items: These items – such as books, electrical equipment, household goods, school supplies, stationery and clothing – come in bulk. This makes it impracticable for all our visitors to sort through them piece by piece. Our staff will therefore pre-select according to availability and the way you have described your needs. (NOTE: It is important to give as much detail as possible when requesting these items so that our staff can select items that will best suit your needs.)
- Quality control: We are sorry that we cannot guarantee quality in the way a retailer can. We do our best to check things in advance, though, and are usually donated goods of surprisingly high quality.
Goods we don’t have: We do not always have everything people need, since we can only give away what people give us. If we don’t have what you need, you are welcome to reapply at a later date in case the goods that you requested come in.
- Special note: Because of the high demand for computers, locally and internationally, we are sorry to say these have a six-month waiting list.
- You can either bring a private vehicle or hire one for the occasion. If you are hiring, we can help you with a suggested company that is very reasonable in price.
- Please bring your own labour to load the goods. The truck company doesn’t supply labour and you will need to unload the goods your end as well. Do let us know ahead of time if this is not possible.
Crossroads’ contact for local requests
Please mark all correspondence to the attention of the Local Requests Manager at one of the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: +852 2771 1715
- Tel: +852 2272 9343 (Direct: Local requests), +852 2984 9309 (General)
- Address: Crossroads Village, 2 Castle Peak Road, Tuen Mun, HONG KONG