Developing corporate partnerships
One of the most powerful trends in recent years is the way in which companies are making their expertise and core competencies available to address global issues. Corporate Social Responsibility has changed the landscape of engagement and we, for one, are very grateful. Corporate partnerships empower us to help those we serve. We’ve featured a few examples on this page.
Companies donating core competencies
We are indebted to the companies who help us help others by giving their services in a wide range of sectors.
- Legal Services: Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Skadden, Hogan Lovells, Cordells
- Audit: BDO (formerly Grant Thornton)
- Humanitarian Transport: APL, Maersk, Oriental Logistics, Shenship, Swire Shipping, Zim
- Information Technology: Microsoft, Cisco, Qlik, Atlassian, ThoughtWorks
- Architects: Nelson Chen Architects
- Engineering: Arup
- Design: Hong Kong Disneyland, M Moser
- PR consultancy: Executive Counsel
- Food: La Rose Noire, Feeding Hong Kong, Pret a Manger, Foodlink
- Product donations: Many kindly donated product including Allen & Overy, Alpha Appliances, AIG, AXA Group, Baker & McKenzie, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Bellanis, BNP, British Council, Carrefour Sourcing Asia, Cathay Pacific, Cisco, Clifford Chance, Dymocks, ESF, Ernst & Young, Global Sources, Grand Hyatt, H & M, Hermes, Hong Kong Disneyland, Hong Kong Rugby Union, Hong Kong
Sanatorium & Hospital, HKUST, IKEA, JP Morgan, KPMG, Langham Hospitality Group, Li & Fung Group, Linklaters, Mandarin Oriental
Hong Kong, Marks & Spencer, Microsoft, Nike, Ocean Park, Ralph Lauren Asia Pacific, Sino Group, Starbucks, Swire, Tesco, UBS AG.
Refugees in Calais ‘Jungle’
The calls began in earnest mid 2015 as a surge of global interest grew in response to the refugee crisis. In Calais, France, an informal camp appeared, known as the ‘Jungle’. It grew rapidly, though without decent facilities or permanent shelter. There were hundreds of unaccompanied minors among the refugees, children in hugely vulnerable situations. Through our Global Hand service, many people across the channel, in the UK, wanted to reach out. Our Global Hand office ran hot, throughout the duration of the Calais Jungle, guiding donors by phone and email to see the needed goods reach those stranded in this heartbreaking location.
Volkswagen Gives Us Wheels
Volkswagen astonished us by donating two people passenger movers, Caravelles and a Polo, perfect for moving our team around. Rather than sell these slightly used company cars, Volkswagen chose to donate them to us. An awesome gift!
Facts at a Qlik!
Facts, figures, data… The creative IT company, Qlik, ‘automagically’ lets you see your data through different ‘lenses’ , in visual form, or graphs or charts. That ‘view’, in turn, lets us manage our systems better which means we can better serve people in need. Amazingly, Qlik has donated its services to us. Their example is proof positive that companies can help people in need by using their expertise. And all at a ‘Qlik’!
What do we offer companies at crossroads?
- Inspiration through our simulation x-periences of need
- Off sites and team builds on our campus
- Modest conference facilities for company discussion/training
- Catering: a ‘dining with the poor’ lunch, if ordered
- Partnership brokering
- Volunteer opportunities: skilled or non-skilled based
Email email@example.com to get connected!
Charles – Corporate donor turns volunteer
When Charles retired as General Manager of Columbia in Hong Kong, it was time for a change. During a company volunteering day he had seen substantial donations of clothing given to Crossroads, so it seemed
a logical idea to join us as a regular community volunteer. “I strongly believe I’ve received a lot from society. I wanted to do community service, to pay it back, and Crossroads was at the top of my list. The opportunities here suited my abilities and experience”, he said. Now, Charles volunteers on our partnerships team helping Hong Kong companies partner with Crossroads with donated gifts and services. His skills and experience are invaluable!