Crossroads Foundation is committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the personal data that we collect in the course of our activities.
This statement outlines our policies and practices with respect to personal data and gives you important information regarding your rights and choices with respect to the personal data that is collected and used by us. We pledge to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance in Hong Kong.
You will find additional privacy related policies and information on other pages of our website and in other documents and communications. For instance, when you sign up to receive certain newsletters or make a donation, you may also receive a personal information collection statement and direct marketing consent request. This is all part of our commitment to protecting your privacy.
- We only use the personal data that is provided to us for the purpose for which it is collected or a directly related purpose
- We will not sell or pass your personal data to any other organisation without your knowledge (or consent, as required)
- We will always give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from our communications
- We take our obligations under the law seriously and want to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns
- If you are under 18 years old, please ask your parents or guardian before using this site, signing up to our programs and/or subscribing to our publications. If you are under the age of 14 years old please ask your parents or guardian to contact us email@example.com so we can discuss your involvement with the Crossroads Network with them directly.
- your name, address, email, phone and fax numbers
- your gender and date of birth
- financial information such as credit card information (if you make a payment to us), bank account details (if we are making payment to you by direct debit) and financial status (if you have applied to receive certain items or assistance from us)
- health information (only in very specific circumstances, for example, if it is relevant to your participation in a volunteer service or an X-perience or if you have made a specific request for items or assistance related to your medical condition)
- your HKID card number (only in very limited circumstances and you are free to offer an alternative document of identity verification)
- responses to surveys or feedback provided
- website usage and publication take-up
- purchasing and donation history
- causes you are sympathetic towards
- X-periences you have participated in
- photographs of you participating, engaging, associating, supporting or benefiting from/in our activities
We collect personal information in various ways, including online, on paper and in person.
In some cases, your personal data comes to us through a referring organisation such as the Social Welfare Department or other organisations. We cannot be directly responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other persons or organisations and recommend that you check their policies directly with them.
- to deliver news, updates and invitations on our activities, programs, products, research and upcoming events
- to respond to your enquiries or suggestions
- to process feedback, response to surveys etc. and to follow up with you on your experiences
- as permitted or required by law or regulation, or as requested by government authorities or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- to source, initiate and process your financial or in-kind donations (including recurring donations) and issue receipts
- to facilitate your product purchases
- to source, procure or acquire goods and services
- to provide, or procure others to provide, goods and services for other individuals and organisations both within Hong Kong or elsewhere
- to recruit volunteers and participants for our services and programs
- to source donations, to respond to offers for such and/or to facilitate supply and demand for items in need
- to process and manage your application(s) to join our supporter base, volunteer programs (including internship, one-off and recurring volunteering), newsletters, loyalty programs, X-periences and tours
- to improve our services, activities, products and content and for statistical and other analysis to help us improve our effectiveness
- to operate physical activities, such as simulations, X-periences and village tours
- when customising the content and/or layout of our website
- when providing to our service providers who perform services on our behalf
- to prevent or detect a crime or possible criminal activity
- to send you thank-you/Christmas cards
You do not have to accept cookies but without accepting them you may experience reduced site functionality. If you wish to reject the cookies then please read the instruction provided with your browser software should you so wish to do so.
For our existing supporter base, if you have already been explicitly informed of the intended use of your personal data and we have so used that data prior to 1 April 2013, you will continue to receive the materials to which you subscribed (and have not opted-out of).
For our new supporters (or existing supporters who have not been so explicitly informed), we cannot use your personal data for direct marketing purposes without your consent. We will therefore seek your consent before sending you marketing materials, as required by the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance in Hong Kong.
In all cases, you can opt-out of these communications at any time (with no charge) by either clicking the “opt-out” link on the relevant communication (as applicable) or by emailing the Crossroads Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We must cease to use your data in direct marketing if you so require (and we are required by law to inform you of this fact).
We will never sell your personal data to another person or organisation for their use or gain.
We may transfer your personal data (such as your name, email address, causes you are sympathetic towards) within the Crossroads Network (as defined above) so that they can share relevant information with you regarding the work they are doing in their jurisdiction. Again, this may require your consent in some cases and will never be done for gain. They will provide a channel from which you can opt-out of future communications.
As noted above, we engage third party providers to provide certain administrative and technology services. In some cases, an agent such as these will send the marketing materials on our behalf.
This statement was last updated April 2014.
Hear our news
Sign up here to receive our quarterly e-newsletter.
Mikono Refugee Crafts位於肯亞。 Mikono Crafts的手工藝品，全部都是由來自盧旺 ...
「優秀的人會知道登頂沒有捷徑，只能踏實地一次一小步地行走。」﹙J Adler﹚ 「西歐第一高峰」勃朗峰雖然壯觀 ...