Updated 24 March 2020
We are so very sorry that this period of unexpected crisis is impacting so many of you. It is now escalating beyond anything the world had imagined. How is Crossroads responding to this situation?
HELPING OTHERS FIGHTING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
We have been asked for substantial donations of:
- medical masks
- N95 masks
- medical caps
- protective clothing
- goggles/protective eye guards
- medical gloves
- other epidemic preventative materials
If you or your company would like to make a donation of needed goods, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If the goods are located in other countries, please let us know as well. We have had offers of logistics support for the movement of such products.
OUR OWN DAILY OPERATIONS
We have set up the following guidelines. We will keep updating the website with any further developments.
For the time being, then
- All group visits (for volunteering and/or Global X-perience simulations) are cancelled for the duration of the school closures.
- All site tours are cancelled.
- The Silk Road Café and Global Handicrafts shop are temporarily closed until further notice.
- Goods donations are operating as normal and, of course, we would be particularly grateful if you could donate any of the above items in significant quantity.
- NGOs and social welfare clients who had booked appointments to collect goods from our warehouse: we appreciate you may prefer not to travel and we are happy to reschedule your appointment. If you are need of items urgently, however, please contact us.
- We are daily disinfecting our premises here, avoiding gatherings to minimise risk of contagion and following recommended guidelines regarding hand-washing and other safe-guards.
Meanwhile, our hearts go out to all who battle this unanticipated crisis: the patients, their families, those who may be at risk and the health care workers.